Monday, August 31, 2009

Seneca

Well things are getting busy! We have a fun mix of upper level horses and babies getting going at Hart Farm. Juli and I had a fun morning of xc with the youngin's introducing ditches, waters and banks. It never seizes to amaze me how rewarding the young horses can be. I laughed more this morning cross country schooling than I have in a long time. The leaps and curious bounds the horses made left me on the end of my reins quite a few times but thankfully the horses in the barn right now have the same sense of humor I do. This weekend I am taking racer "White Gloves Adamus" to his first begginer novice and Bally is competing at novice at Seneca. Im really looking forward to it. When you compete at the Advanced level the stress/excitment and adrenaline is I have to be fast in the time, clean show jumping and a perfect dressage, with the babies its a stress and honest curiosity of the unknown... how are they gonna deal with the outside world. I laugh it must be a bit of what if feels like sending your kid to the first day of school.. how are they gonna deal with outside life, hopefully I have trained them well enough to succeed and if something goes wrong hopefully they handle it with some type of grace as well as getting through the red and white flags! Geoffery is going to pop around the prelim this weekend as well. He has been going very well and will be doing the CIC 1* at Plantation. Tate will be competeing at the CIC*** at plantation. He is on good form and we are headed to dressage 101 with Betsy Stiener on Wend. . thats it for now.
sinead

No comments:

Post a Comment