Sunday, August 29, 2010

A little more 411

Tate felt fantastic yesterday. I was a little nervous bc he has had only one cross country school since march and I also was a bit worried about his fitness. As soon as he left the start box I felt all those worries start to go away. Tate jumped like a million bucks and even at the last minute he felt like he still had plenty of running left. The course was very inviting and was designed by Ian Stark. The first water caught some by surprise being fence five and off a turn but other than that most of the horses understood and jumped the questions well. The ground was a bit hard but after an afternoon of icing tate looked great in the evening and looks even better this morning. Trot up is in about 20 minutes and then we wait till probably 2:30 to jump. I think I have a rail in hand but hopefully we have a solid performance to set us up well for the American EventingChampionships in 2 weeks where will go advanced. So fingers crossed and I update this afternoon. Xx
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

No comments:

Post a Comment