Saturday, August 14, 2010

and so on and so on..

So day to day life as a struggling actor.. sorry scratch that event rider continues ;) ..unfortunately Rocket has suffered a minor injury that will keep him from finishing his season up. This is a real bummer due to how much emotional and physical work has been put forth by not just chrissy and I but by Rockets owners Cindy and Randy. They have really gone above and beyond to make sure that rocket has been happy in his work and were so thrilled with him at Millbrook. These things happen but it is always such a disappointment. They remain dedicated to his well being and cindy im sure will be at the barn grooming and spoiling him rotten everyday :) but hey everyone needs a little spoiling when their down!
I rode a students horse at waradoca today that has been a bit of a problem child. It was a successful day. I realize this horse is as precious to them, even being a beginner novice horse, as Tate is to me.. feels good to be on the right track.
I took tate his first jump lesson back with anne kurskinsky and he was fantastic... feels good, really good. I again keep reminding myself that while I have huge goals in mind for him, to be able to ride and train on such an athlete everyday is the achievement... everything after that is gravy;).
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment