Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Home sweet home

Well after a week of being home I feel like I am almost settled in. The Farm looks great and as great as our Aiken facility was Hart Farm is truly one of the nicest places I have worked out of. The horses are very happy to have nice spring grass in there fields!..
Tater is going to the vet tomorrow for his last shockwave. He has been walking 30 min a day and is just a wild man, i dont know if he is actually missing the work or just all the attention :).. between chrissy and I we have been sure to spend some QTT ( quality tate time) everyday other than his daily walk! Fall plans have us looking toward England and Blenhiem CCI *** . I dont think making a push for Burghley or Poe is necessary. I just want Tate to come back strong and have a good first International Debut.
We have some fun youngsters in the barn! Sobe Dazzled ( I know i cringed at the name too but she was named by my mom and there was no changin it!) She is out of an Argentine mare I used to ride that was from strong jumper lines and Catherston Dazzler. She is turning 4 this month and is wicked cute unfortunately she is a midget!! She sticks around 15' but like most little girls my mom has Rolex hopes ;) inspired by the amazing Theodor O'Connor!
Echo is another 3 soon to be 4 year old that has joined the heard. He is a Windfall baby out of a jumper mare. He is all legs but still seems to be on the small size but great little mover and adorable personality.. so look forward to the baby parade summer 2010!
I am also looking forward to a new relationship with the young riders. I have been asked to be a selector for Area 4 for the NAYRC and teach at thier clinic in July. I love teaching YR's should be a blast.
On a final note I ended up selling my Geoffry horse to Will Coalman. Im excited to see this pair move through the levels. I decided this winter Geof was prob. more of a mans horse and put him tentatively on the market. Will and I struck up and old school horse trade! We now welcome Classic Garden to the S.H.E team! He will be competing this weekend at Fairhill. He is a Chestnut 7 y/o TB who is quite interesting so stay tuned :)
S

No comments:

Post a Comment