Friday, November 19, 2010

Fun Outing!















Things are going well at the farm and during the month of November we are always looking for fun things to do.. so when my bud matt flynn said Philip Dutton was coming down for a day of lessons I said sign me up!.. I took the two youngins King and Stella and was wickedly impressed with both of them. King jumped in a "prelim" group but has only done a handful of trainings and was fantastic. Wendy Furlong ( his owner) came to watch him go for the first time since king has been with me. I know I was really excited after our jump and I think Wendy was as pumped as me . I was also very happy Wendy came along bc the young pup zeppo locked himself and the keys to the truck inside the truck with his scampery paws! Wendy thankfully lent me her AAA card and the dog and was saved and access to the vehicle restored :).. Stella was also very good definitely put my neck strap and martingale on but she is quite the lady and I think was excited to have some people there to watch her brilliance :) Philip thought highly of both horses commenting on King being a very good jumper a few times and being surprised by stellas good instincts when he thought she was just going to be quite hot.





Tate is doing well in the field I brought him in and put him in a stall the other day and that lasted about 10 min .. he has gone completely mustang on us and will not put up with confinement so back out he went!.. He will start back in work Dec 1 which should be entertaining. Kelly Baily ( a student of mine) has purchased a sweet little OTT that has joined the team for the next few months to get some good basics as well as Jill Lukens sending her horse, harbour for a bit of training. Harbour is a lovely horse she literally bought right off the slaughter truck so well done Jill! Between Jills horse and my purchase of Stella it is giving me reborn hope that if you look hard you can still find a quality horse without breaking the bank ... and gotta love the Tb's!





so here are some pictures1

No comments:

Post a Comment